East Maui Workforce Resources
Look here for links to current initiatives, partnerships and opportunities for East Maui residents
To submit updates or corrections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
East Maui Food Entrepreneurs! For information about having a booth at Friday’s Hana Farmers Market visit the website: https://hanafarmersmarket.org/
To inquire about being a vendor, please email email@example.com with your name, farm name and location, contact information, and products you are interested in selling.
COUNTY SERVICES for Workforce Development
Maui American Job Center – The American Job Center is your One-Stop-Shop dedicated to providing free services to job seekers and employers, including job search assistance, personal career planning services, training opportunities, HireNet Hawaii support and a library resource center.
SURVEY CENTER...updated 9/2022
Hawai’i State Public Libraries Survey (Click Link Here) – Aug/Sept 2022
The Hawai‘i State Public Library System (HSPLS) is building plans for future library services and programs in your community. Your input is important so that HSPLS can make sure that it is meeting the needs of your community. HSPLS is partnering with Ward Research, a professional market research firm in Honolulu, to conduct this survey. Please take a few moments to share your feedback and help us build our plans.
PRESS RELEASE from August 31, 2022
Public input sought for Maui County plans for aging and caregivers
From Sept. 1 through Dec. 1, 2022, the Maui County Office on Aging invites residents to provide input of future programs and services for older adults, persons with disabilities and caregivers. Residents may complete surveys for a countywide needs assessment.
The online surveys can be found at:
- This survey is for individuals age 55 years and older living in Maui County (current and part-time residents)
- For questions about these surveys, the Maui County 4-Year Area Plan on Aging, or to request printed copies of the survey, contact James Mariano at (808) 270-7349.
- With the growing aging population in Maui County, the Office on Aging aims to address the needs of older adults and caregivers through its Kupuna Care home and community-based services.
- The results of the data will be reported in the plan produced by Maui County Office on Aging in Summer 2023.
- Paper surveys will be made available at other venues such as congregate meal sites, senior clubs and senior housing sites. Surveys are also provided upon request.
- Data collected from the county and state surveys will guide the development of statewide plans as well as Maui County’s Area Plan on Aging that covers the federal funding from Oct. 1, 2023, to Sept. 30, 2027. These plans address issues as described in the Older Americans Act and helps those who are the most in need, socially and financially.
- Earlier this summer, the State Executive Office on Aging conducted a statewide community needs assessment on aging and care-giving.
- All responses are anonymous.
- This survey is for Individuals who are (currently or within the past 6 months) helping an individual(s) ages 55 and older with various activities such as bathing, cooking, cleaning, laundry, rides to medical appointments, bill payments, etc., or care-giving a disabled adult 18 years and older, or a grandparent raising a grandchild.
Workforce News & Announcements
Hāna Arts needs votes to being free outdoor music series to Hāna
September 14, 2022
HĀNA ARTS ADVANCES TO PUBLIC VOTING PHASE FOR OPPORTUNITY TO RECEIVE A $90K MULTI-YEAR GRANT FOR A FREE, LIVE MUSIC... Read More
- Pō’ai Pili – the Kaupō Community Newsletter September 6, 2022
- In Haleakala National Park, Crews Look To The Past To Understand The Present August 12, 2022
- HBC Receives 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status Designation March 28, 2022
- East Maui Activity Resource Guide December 22, 2021
- Intern opportunities with Hāna Cultural Center, KOKO-LP Radio, Hāna Business Council November 10, 2021
- Nonprofits tackle conservation work through CARES funds January 31, 2021
- Local conservation groups share similar goals January 31, 2021