Download the AlohaSafe Alert app to keep Hana safe!
Add your phone to the fight against COVID-19.
AlohaSafe Alert is a free, voluntary and private new service that helps slow the spread of COVID-19. It is the State of Hawaii’s official exposure notification app and has been developed in partnership with the Hawaii State Department of Health.
Download the AlohaSafe Alert app to get COVID-19 exposure notifications and help keep Hawaii safe and healthy – all while maintaining your privacy.
Community Meeting in response to positive COVID-19 case in Hāna
November 19 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Travel related information can be found: safetravels.hawaii.govTravel quarantines are enforced by Dept. of Transportation (https://hidot.hawaii.gov/coronavirus/) and Hawaii Tourism Authority.
Maui Visitor’s Bureau 808-468-9952NON emergency police hotline 808-244-6400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgCovid-19 Relief Resources for residents and businesses at MauiNuiStrong.net
Hana Highway reopened
The Maui News: Hana and Piilani highways reopen to nonresident traffic
Currently there is a required 14-day quarantine for all travelers coming to Maui – even interisland.
Additionally, MAUI COUNTY has some unique travel information,
For a list of approved facilities where you can do this quarantine,
In addition, all air travelers need to
regardless of whether they are seeking a limited quarantine.
(Travelers between Lahaina and Manele harbors will continue to use paper mandatory travel form.)
Travelers to Maui County airports are reminded that they must submit applications for limited travel quarantine online at mauicounty.gov by clicking on the “request for limited quarantine form” icon. Requests should be completed at least 3 days prior to the requestor’s departure.
Those applying for a Limited Quarantine Exemption, the application should be completed BEFORE submitting the separate online Safe Travels application. The new state form has a field to input a traveler’s limited quarantine application number. This is provided to a traveler after applying for it online.
View our East Maui COVID-19 Updates & Resources page for full details of business and services status, and sources of grocery shopping, meal takeout, and access to produce/products in Hana.
Only the most recent changes will be posted here on the HanaMaui.com home page now as things start to open up again for business and activities.
- Hana Farmers Market winter hours Nov-Jan are 2:45-4:30 pm, with kupuna (65+) shopping starting at 2:15. Pre-order online at HanaFarmersMarket.org to pick up at the market each Friday. Holiday weeks (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years) the market will be on Wednesdays (Nov. 25, and Dec. 23 and 30)
- Kīpahulu District of Haleakalā National Park is open daily for day-use only 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. As if October 31, this includes weekend. The Pīpīwai Trail and Kūloa Point Trail are open. Restroom is open. Visitor center and campground are closed.
- Hana Youth Center and Hale Hulu Mamo are reopening – call each agency for details.
- Kupuna Yoga at Ala Kukui has resumed on Tuesdays from 10-11.
- Hana Public Library is open for limited services. Requested holds pick-up, Internet reservation, book drop. Mon & Tues 9-4, Wed & Thurs 11-7, Friday 11-4. Closed for lunch.
Hāna Events Calendar
All future events are subject to cancellation or postponement due to COVID-19 outbreak. Please check back for updates.
Enjoy this music medley of Hana's people singing about Hana's special history and places...
Hana Community Email Newsletter
To subscribe via email to Hana Community News and get articles, notices and COVID-19 updates for East Maui delivered to your inbox, send an email to email@example.com
More information on specific businesses can be found within our Hāna Directory or by clicking the icon above for the specific type of business you are looking for.