Hana Highway reopened
The Maui News: Hana and Piilani highways reopen to nonresident traffic
More information on specific businesses can be found within our Hāna Directory or by clicking the icon above for the specific type of business you are looking for.
View our East Maui COVID-19 Updates & Resources page for full details of business and services status, and sources of grocery shopping, meal takeout, and access to produce/products in Hana.
Only the most recent changes will be posted here on the HanaMaui.com home page now as things start to open up again for business and activities.
- All Hāna “Festival of Aloha” events have been cancelled for 2020
- Beginning Wednesday, July 22, 2020 the Kīpahulu District of Haleakalā National Park is open for day-use only Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Pīpīwai Trail and Kūloa Point Trail will also reopen.
- Hana Youth Center and Hale Hulu Mamo are reopening – call each agency for details.
- Kupuna Yoga at Ala Kukui has resumed on Tuesdays from 10-11.
- Hana Thrift Store is open.
- Hana Public Library is open for limited services. Requested holds pick-up, Internet reservation, book drop. Mon & Tues 9-4, Wed & Thurs 11-7, Friday 11-4. Closed for lunch.
- Hana Farmers Market is open again every Friday, 3-5pm in the field below the Hana Ranch Restaurant. Pre-order online at HanaFarmersMarket.org to pick up at the market each Friday.
- Hana vehicle safety inspections reopening on Saturday, July 11. Make an appointment and get the new guidelines at Hana Pit Stop.
The town of Hāna, known as “The Heart of Old Hawai’i” is a small, remote and traditional village located on the easternmost end of the island of Maui.
The winding “Road to Hāna” is famous for its stunning coastlines, lush forest, scenic pastoral landscapes, world-class beaches, rich history, Hawaiian cultural practice, and friendly local people. It is recognized as one of the premier destinations in Hawaii, and one of the most popular visitor activities on Maui.
The East Maui region—through which the Hana Highway passes—is comprised of four traditional moku, or districts: Ko‘olau, Hāna, Kīpahulu and Kaupō. Along with the town of Hāna itself, East Maui or Maui Hikina also includes numerous small communities spread out along the coastline, each with their own distinct characters, while also sharing much in common.
For visitors to Hāna and East Maui, whether Maui residents or from off-island, now that the road is open again, we ask that you come with aloha and respect. Respect that our small, remote communities are still vulnerable and very protective against COVID-19. Wear your mask in public places, practice physical distancing, avoid crowds and closed-in spaces. Avoid close contact with Hana residents as much as possible. Drive with Aloha while on the Road to Hāna. Maka’ala—be aware and be safe!
Hāna Events Calendar
All future events are subject to cancellation or postponement due to COVID-19 outbreak. Please check back for updates.
Enjoy this music medley of Hana's people singing about Hana's special history and places...
Hana Community Email Newsletter
To subscribe via email to Hana Community News and get articles, notices and COVID-19 updates for East Maui delivered to your inbox, send an email to email@example.com