This is the fourth issue of Pō’ai Pili, the Kaupō Community Newsletter, and we celebrate a full year of publication! Thank you all for your support. We’ve come a long way and hope to go even further.
Some of the wonderful articles in this issue include:
· Kaupō ‘Āina O Ka Ua Pe’e Pā Pōhaku: Land of the rain that makes one hide behind rock walls – by Kawika Gregoire
· Malama Pono I Ka Wai: Restoring Local Stewardship of Water Resources – by Shane Sinenci
· Lonoikamakahiki: Ushering in the Makahiki Season with Reverence and Gratitude – by Kau‘i Kanakaole
In addition, there is a loving memorial for Barbara Apo and a mahalo from Pō’ai Pili to everyone who has helped us reach this point. We hope you enjoy reading these articles and the many more that fill the pages of this issue! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or comments.
We want to ensure that this publication is accessible to all our community members. Thus, we are offering our readers the following ways to access Pō’ai Pili:
· Digital Flipbook via the platform Issuu (Links for all issues provided below)
· PDF version attached to this email
· Printed version coming soon
As we are still fine-tuning our distribution system, if you don’t receive a paper copy of this issue (or haven’t received previous issues) please reach out so we can get you a copy.
Pō’ai Pili Autumn Issue Oct-Dec 2022
Pō’ai Pili Summer Issue Jul-Sept 2022
Pō’ai Pili Spring Issue Apr-Jun 2022
Pō’ai Pili Winter Issue Jan-Mar 2022
Mahalo for your support!