COVID-19 test kits are all used up for today (Friday, April 10).
Good job Hana for coming out to get tested!
For folks who still want to get tested and were unable to today, another day will be arranged soon for additional testing.
Mahalo to Premier Medical Group Hawaii, Hana Emergency Preparedness Team, Dr. Chad Meyer, Gale Notestone, Senator English and everyone else who contributed to the access for broad community testing in Hana today!
Provided at no cost through Premier Medical Group Hawai‘i
Help Spread the Word – Everyone encouraged to participate!
What we all do now will determine outcome for our community
Drive thru, Friday, April 10 by Hana Ball Park
- Parking lot across from tennis court at Hana ball field
- Anticipate 1-way traffic flow on road
Schedule of testing times:
- 8-9 am essential workers
- 9 am – 3 pm available to all who want to be tested
High priority for:
- Those who have traveled outside of Hana in the past 2-3 weeks
- Anyone currently symptomatic (see common symptoms below)
- Anyone living in a 3-generation household
- Remain in vehicles while support team provides direction
- Please bring an ID and be prepared to fill out info sheets for your family
- Individuals with insurance cards are requested to bring them, but there will be nocharge for co-pays or deductible fees
• Returned by early next week with further instructions to follow
Recent studies of Coronavirus have shown that up to 20% of infectious persons have no symptoms, and many others are also infectious for several days before developing symptoms. As a result, persons may be unknowingly infectious and spreading the virus to family and throughout the community.
Hana Community-wide Prevention Strategy – Informational Handouts will be distributed on Friday
1) PCR testing to identify persons needing isolation during their infectious period (7-10 days)
2) Practice “stay at home”- restrict time away from home to essential activities only
3) When away from home mask up, practice social distancing (minimum 6 ft separation, avoid all group activities)
4) Frequent hand washing with soap or hand sanitizers with 60% alcohol base
5) On return home from essential travel, correctly remove mask
6) Leave shoes outside home
7) Remove potentially contaminated clothes, separate from other clothing, wash in soapy water, dry in drier or on line 8) Immediately on return home shower with soapy cleanse
Covid19 Symptoms – if any of these apply call your health provider:
- Similar to those of seasonal influenza, head and chest colds, even respiratory allergies
- Fatigue, muscle and joint aches / pain
- Fever is present at onset in only 30 % of cases
- Loss of sense of smell combined with sore throat, dry cough, and absence of “nasal congestion“ / “runny nose”
- The police will NOT be ticketing anyone for riding in the back of a pickup truck to come to the testing location.
- MEO will be available to provide rides for anyone (not just kupuna) needing transportation to the testing location.
Please call MEO at 268-5016 to arrange a pickup.
Please wear a mask over nose and mouth when riding the MEO bus, and DO NOT ride the bus if you are symptomatic of COVID-19 including a fever — see symptoms above. (If you have symptoms, please call Hana Health instead, and ask for instructions to arrange for testing).